The 13th is a lucky day!
Thank you everyone for the beautiful love energies and sentiments that certainly have helped heal the situation. We three thank you most heartily.
Mica did well overnight; slept, ate, drank, walked around and wagged his tail at the doctors and techs—a far cry from the condition he was in when I left him at 4:00 yesterday.
He is still extremely swollen, as you may imagine from the photos, but on minimal pain meds.
I can pick him up at 8 tonight, and they will apply a Fentanyl patch to dispense the equivalent pain management he’s been getting via IV.
I have just two main concerns now. One is the possible scar he may have on his perfect little nose, and the psychological scar he may have that I hope will not prevent him from enjoying happy times on his patio as he has been.
I find it ironic that I’ve had two Goldens in less than four months with swollen faces and I’ve never seen a dog with a swollen face before—ever.
- eliminate the watering saucer on the ground which attracts mice, which attracts snakes. We find dead mice in the pool frequently, but since they’re dead, they leave no more trails.
- load traps to catch the field mice and pack rats so the snakes aren’t drawn to follow their trails into our yard.
- lay rope around the property, particularly around ingress and egress areas to the back yard. Apparently snakes won’t cross a rope.
- mothballs were also named but I think I’d rather avoid the chemicals.
- add chicken wire to the bottom of our gates so the snakes cannot pass.
- take more care to watch for snakes before we venture forth, esp. during their mating season.
- get us a king snake to eat the rattlers!
If you didn’t see the following comment below my last Mica Update, I wanted to share it as it resonated strongly with me and may also with you. It pertains to the current energies of the Cardinal Grand Cross and it’s bearing on our lives just now. Thank you Dimitra M.N. ~ BP
‘The powerful energetic effects of the astrological grand cross are becoming more and more exact these days. We are all getting hit with them and they are zeroing in right where it hurts the most. In this way, we won’t fail to make the necessary changes in our lives that need to be made at this time.
I urge you to go with the flow of your understanding in this matter — if moving away from your present location is your instinctive interpretation of these painful events, then that is the inclination you ought to follow.
Remember this, it is your correct assessment and understanding of what’s transpired, and your subsequent intentions and actions, that are the real antidote to the long-term healing process for Mica.
We may think that the changes we make in our personal life, however life changing they may be for us, cannot possibly change the world around us, and yet, while we cannot see it or even imagine it, it really does. Much Love from me as you flow through the changes that have come a-calling on you. Be the change the world needs by taking a significant stand from your “small neck of the woods”.’